Joint Entrance Exam Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) 2020 is an entrance exam conducted with the aim of providing admission to seekers in various Polytechnic programmes. The exam will probably held in the third week of April. All those who are going to take the exam should have complete information about it. However, without having the information applicants cannot prepare for the exam. Further, it is only the student who will face difficulty while taking the entrance test. Thus, it becomes necessary for all to check the JEECUP Exam Pattern 2020 before appearing for it. Candidates can get all the details related to the exam in the information brochure. UP Polytechnic 2020 exam pattern will not only provide information about the exam but it also let applicants know the details of a question paper.
About JEECUP 2020 Exam
Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education is responsible for organizing the exam of JEECUP 2020. The exam is also known by the name of Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Exam (UPJEE). It is a state level exam. Moreover, by qualifying it, aspirants can get admission in various reputed private and government colleges of UP. Furthermore, the qualifiers can opt for any of the course from the following: Polytechnic Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma.
Those who are interested can apply for the exam. The JEECUP Application Form 2020 will be available in the second week of December 2019 tentatively.
UPJEE Exam Pattern 2020
When appearing for the exam, candidates are advised to go through the JEECUP Polytechnic Exam Pattern 2020. By knowing the exam pattern, they will come to know about the details which are specifically related to the entrance test and question paper. These details include examination mode, duration, type of questions, total number of questions, marking scheme, etc. The complete UPJEE JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern is prescribed below:
- Mode of Examination – It is a pen and paper-based test. i.e the exam will be conducted via offline mode
- Duration – The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
- Shifts – It will be conducted in 2 shifts. The first shift will commence from 9:00 am and end up at 12:00 noon while the second shift will start from 2:30 pm till 5:30 pm
- Type of Questions – There will be objective type questions in the entrance exam.
- Total Number of Questions – The question paper will have a total of 120 questions
- Sections – The paper will be divided into 3 sections and they are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Language – The question paper will be in English as well as Hindi language.
- Marking Scheme – 4 marks for each correct answer
- Negative Marking – Deduction of 1 mark for each incorrect answer
|Examination Mode||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|Number of Questions||120 questions|
|Language of the Exam||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||· +4 marks for each correct response
· -1 mark for each incorrect response
JEECUP Syllabus 2020
Along with the exam pattern, it is essential for students to check the JEECUP Syllabus 2020. The syllabus will contain all the important topics from which questions will be asked in the exam. Applicants can check the syllabus form the official website. The question paper will contain questions from the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Therefore, the syllabus will differ for each of the subjects. It is mandatory for candidates to take a glance over the syllabus before commencing their preparation. However, the exam will be based on class 10th level.
How to crack UP Polytechnic Exam
Everyone hopes to clear the exam with an excellent score but many of them fail to do so. This is because candidates don’t have any preparation strategy. On the other hand, an individual with a preparation plan is successful to crack the exam. Therefore, aspiring applicants should make a strategy and study according to it in order to obtain the best results. Here are some points that students can take into account for while their preparation:
- Know the exact exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme.
- Study from relevant study material
- Consider the prominent books which contain all the important topics of the syllabus
- Prepare a time table
- Focus on one subject at a time
- Don’t study for long hours continously
- Take short breaks
- Don’t schedule similar subjects one after another.
- Give equal time to each subject.
- Focus on the subject which seems to be the toughest.
- Practice by solving. As a result, it will help in increasing the speed of solving the questions.
- Solve maximum number of previous year papers and sample papers.
- Take up mock test to analyze your level of preparation
- Follow a healthy diet to remain fit and strong
- Take proper rest
NOTE – Do not forget to carry your JEECUP Admit Card 2020 on the day of entrance exam otherwise the exam conducting authority will not allow you to take the exam.