JEECUP 2020 examination is going to be held in the third week of April 2020. All those who are seeking admission in various Polytechnic programmes can apply or this exam. However, not everyone can qualify the exam with flying colours. UP Polytechnic is a tough competitive exam. Thus, cracking it requires great hard work and study plan. Therefore, to make a study plan, candidates should know the exact JEECUP Syllabus 2020. The syllabus contains all the important topics which will be there in the question paper. As the questions will be from different subjects, hence, the JEECUP Polytechnic 2020 syllabus will differ for every subject. Moreover, students should note that the questions will be based chiefly on class 10th level syllabus. Some of the courses will also comprise of questions from class 11th and 12th syllabus.
Group-Wise Syllabus of UPJEE 2020
Joint Entrance Exam Council Uttar Pradesh shortly known as JEECUP 2020 is conducted to grant admission to applicants in different programmes of Polytechnic. Various institutes of the state admit deserving students depending upon their score. Aspirants can select can select any of the course their choice for pursuing their higher studies. Though, the syllabus will vary according to the course selected for admission. The different group of courses and their syllabus is prescribed below:
- Syllabus of Group A (Diploma in Engineering and Technology) – The exam will contain questions from class 10th syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Syllabus of Group B (Agriculture Engineering) – The exam is based on the syllabus of class 10th and 12th of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Syllabus of Group C (Fashion Design Diploma, Home Science and Textile Design and Engineering) – The question paper will contain question from class 10th and 12th of English and Hindi subjects. There will questions of Comprehension, Reasoning and Intelligence and General Awareness.
- Syllabus of Group D (Diploma in Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice, Library and Information Science) – This exam consist of questions from class 10th and 12th level of English and Hindi. The question paper will have sections of Comprehensions, Reasoning and Intelligence and General Awareness
- Syllabus of Group E (Pharmacy Diploma) – The exam is based on the class 10th and 12th of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
- Syllabus of Group F (Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology) – The question paper will contain questions of Chemsitry, Zoology and Botany of class 10th and 12th
- Syllabus of Group G (Post Graduate Diploma Courses) – The syllabus is of the level of competitive exam. The question paper comprises questions of Comprehension, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Intelligence.
- Syllabus of Group H (Diploma in Hotel Management) – The exam is based on class 10th and 12th There will sections of Reasoning & Logical Discussion, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness.
- Syllabus of Group I (Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) – The syllabus will be class 10th and 12th level of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Syllabus of Group K1 to K8 (Lateral Entry in 2nd year of Engineering and Technology Diploma Course) – The exam of this course is based on the ITI syllabus and the question paper is of class 10th, 11th and 12th The subjects that will be there in the paper comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
NOTE – The UP JEECUP Polytechnic Syllabus 2020 of the above courses is as per the Uttar Pradesh Board.
Weightage of Subjects
|Group||Course||Weightage of Different Subjects|
|A||Diploma in Engineering and Technology||· Mathematics – 50%
· Physics and Chemistry -50%
|B||Agriculture Engineering||· Mathematics – 50%
· Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture -50%
|C||Design Diploma, Home Science and Textile Design and Engineering||· English and Hindi Comprehension – 20%
· Reasoning and Intelligence – 50%
· General Awareness – 30%
|B||Diploma in Modern Office Management and Secretarial Practice, Library and Information Science||· English and Hindi Comprehension – 30%
· Reasoning and Intelligence – 35%
· General Awareness – 25%
· Numerical Ability – 10%
|E||Pharmacy Diploma||· Mathematics/Biology – 50%
· Physics and Chemistry -50%
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology||· Chemistry – 50%
· Zoology – 25%
· Botany – 25%
|G||Post Graduate Diploma Courses||· English Comprehension – 20%
· Numerical Ability – 15%
· Reasoning- 30%
· General Awareness – 20%
· General Intelligence – 15%
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management||· Reasoning and Logical Discussion – 25%
· Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude – 25%
· English – 25%
· General Knowledge– 25%
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||· Physics and Chemistry – 50%
· Mathematics – 50%
|K1||Civil Engineering||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Civil Engineering – 60%
|K2||Electrical Engineering||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Electrical Engineering – 60%
|K3||Electronics Engineering||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Electronics Engineering – 60%
|K4||Mechanical Engineering||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Mechanical Engineering – 60%
|K5||Information Technology||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Information Technology Engineering – 60%
|K6||Printing Technology||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Printing Technology Engineering – 60%
|K7||Fashion Design and Garment Technology||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Fashion Design and Garment Technology Engineering – 60%
|K8||Textile Technology||· Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – 40%
· Textile Technology Engineering – 60%
JEECUP Recommended Books 2020
Candidates who are preparing for the entrance exam should have suitable books. Furthermore, the books should contain all the important topics of the UP Polytechnic Syllabus 2020. In contrast if applicant does not own the prominent book for the preparation then it will result in poor performance. Some of the books recommended by the UP itself are listed beneath:
- UP Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam Jeec 2015 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with Previous Year’s Solved Papers by Arihant publication
- JEECUP UP Book 2017 Top Study Books for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics by Arihant Publication
- UP Polytechnic Solved Papers & Practice Sets (Hindi) Paperback- 2016 by Vidya Editorial Board
- UP Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam (Hindi) Paperback- 2016 by Youth Competition Times
JEECUP Exam Pattern 2020
Apart from the syllabus, one should also have complete knowledge about the JEECUP Exam Pattern 2020. In case candidates are appearing for the exam without knowing the pattern then they might come across difficulties. Therefore, candidates who desire to sit in the exam are requested to go through the exam pattern. This will help them obtain information regarding the entrance exam such as mode of exam, duration, type of questions in the exam, number of questions, marking scheme, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Applicants should carry their JEECUP Admit Card 2020 on examination day. Without it, they will not be able to take the exam.