National Scholarship Portal 2019 | National Scholarship Portal is a one-stop destination for all sorts of Scholarships provided by the Indian Governmental Organizations. All sorts of processes like National Scholarship Portal Registration, Document Verification for National Scholarship, Status Check and Reimbursement of Scholarship is carried out through this National Scholarship Portal. National Scholarship Test is carried out by the NSP itself. The candidates who appear in the National Scholarship Exam if clear it will be eligible for the Reimbursement of the Scholarship money. For each of the scholarship, National Scholarship Last Date is mentioned along with the Official Notices of such Scholarship.
National Scholarship Portal
National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). Currently, the NSP has 9 participating ministry/departments and 21 registered schemes. National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital scholarship platform which carries multiple scholarships offered by the central government, state governments and different government agencies like UGC (University Grants Commission), AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), etc.
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal
If you are applying for the National Scholarship you should know the Benefits that the National Scholarship Portal brings along. Any candidate who is eligible for the particular Scholarship and is in need of the financial support from the Government can apply for the NSP Registration. Let us see what are the benefits of getting the National Scholarships.
- First of all, all the information regarding many many Scholarship is provided under one roof.
- Also, there is a Single integrated Application portal for all types of Scholarships.
- The scheme is suggested by the system for which a student is eligible.
- Duplicate Applications can simply be rejected.
- This Portal Serves as a Decision Support System for Various Ministeries.
Various Schemes under the National Scholarship
There are various Schemes under the National Scholarship Portal. The portal provides a single platform for the release and detailed information of the Scholarships. Though there are many scholarships they have been divided into 5 different Schemes. All the Scholarships are as follows.
Central Scholarship Schemes:
- Ministry of Minority Affairs: It provides pre-matric and post-matric Scholarships for the minority. Also, a Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS is being provided by the ministry.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities: It grants Pre-Matric scholarships for students with disabilities, Post-Matric Scholarships for students with disabilities and Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: This ministry provides top class education scheme for SC Students.
- Ministry of Labour and Employment: The ministry gives post matric and pre-matric financial assistance for education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs: National Fellowship and Scholarship is being provided for the higher education of ST students.
- Department of School Education and Library: This department provides a national scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) and National Merit-cum-Means scholarship.
- Department of Higher Education: Department of higher education provides a Central Sector Scheme. The said scheme provides scholarships to Colleg and University Students.
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Armed Police Forces And Assam Ri es comes under this ministry.
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway: Railway ministry processes the Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme for RPF/RPSF.
UGC Scholarship Schemes:
Ministry of Human Resource Development along with UGC works on various scholarship schemes encouraging students of different regions to work hard in higher education. Some of the popular schemes are:
- ISHAN UDAY(for the northeastern region only)
- PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP for Single Girl Child,
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (First and Second Rank Holders)
- PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for pursuing higher education.
AICTE Scholarship Schemes:
All India Council for Technical Education, under MHRD, provides following scholarships for various technical courses and they are-
- PRAGATI Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Technical Education, for the degree as well as diploma students.
- SAKSHAM Scholarship Scheme for differently-abled Students for Technical Education, for the degree as well as diploma students.
National Scholarship Portal – How to apply?
National Scholarship Portal Registration is carried out online through the Candidate’s Login Portal. In order to stay advantaged with the scholarships mentioned above, you need to register yourself on NSP through Student Login. The steps to be followed to apply for a scholarship are given below. A step-by-step description of how you can apply for an NSP scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal can be explained as:
Step 1: National Scholarship Portal Registration
The first step is to Register yourself through National Scholarship Portal Registration. The process is completed online. The candidates are required to register themselves with their Valid Email ID and Phone Number. Follow the steps given here.
- Visit the Home Page of National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- You will receive a student application ID and password on your registered mobile number.
Step 2: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
Once the National Scholarship Portal Registration is over, the candidate will receive an automatically generated Email from the Portal stating their Registration Number and Password. The candidates can use these to Log into the Candidate’s Login Portal. The Registration Number and Password is the Login Credentials that a candidate must keep safe with them. If you lose your Login Credentials you can recover it from the Candidate’s Login Portal.
- Click on the NSP Login Button to start the scholarship application.
- Enter the application ID and password received on your registered number.
Step 3: Change the password
Once you Enter the Login Portal, you will be required to change your password according to your own preferences. You have to submit the OTP and re-save your password.
- Upon successful login, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- You will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 4: Enter the Dashboard
The dashboard is the actual Application Link. In the Dashboard, the Candidate can check all the available Scholarships. Each Scholarship that is Active at the Time will be mentioned on the Dashboard, If a candidate aspires to apply for any of those, they can simply click on the link and submit their necessary details. This is how:
- Once the password is changed, you will be directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details, and basic details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue’.
- Add contact details, scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
Note: The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double check while clicking on the final submit as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
Renewal of Previous National Scholarship Registration
Renewal Students have to apply with their Registration Number and Date of Birth which they registered previous year. The candidates who had obtained the scholarship amount through National Scholarship Portal need not re-apply afresh. They can simply Renew their Applications. Do not apply fresh and if you wish to do so, withdraw the last Application and Register fresh. If the Portal finds duplicate Applications it will reject both the applications and the Scholarship won’t be reimbursed. In case, the course for which the candidate is applying is completed the Scholarship will be terminated.
Check National Scholarship Application Status
Once you are done with the complete application, the National Scholarship Portal also offers the provision for tracking your current application status through ‘Check Your Status’ tab. Whether your application has been finally submitted or not will be visible under this section. The candidate is simply required to visit the Login Portal, submit their Login Credentials, and check the Status. The candidates must make sure that they enter the correct details in order to obtain the right information. Through the NSP Application Status, the candidate can check if their Application is accepted and also about the Reimbursement status of the Scholarship.
Read Here: UP Scholarship Status 2019
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The candidates trying to apply for the National Scholarship are often confused about some basic queries. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions that come up in the minds of students about the portal. Also, if you are still in doubt and find any kind of query, do drop in your comments and we will be right there with you along with the solutions to all your queries about National Scholarship Portal and National Scholarship Registration.
Ques 1. Who can apply for NSP Scholarships?
Ans: All NSP scholarships are being offered by different department functioning under the Government of India. Thus, the eligibility criteria for each NSP scholarship may vary. Please check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria.
Ques 2. When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
Ans: The application period for each NSP scholarship may also vary accordingly. Please refer to the list of scholarships to know their respective application period.
Ques 3. Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
Ans: No, Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
Ques 4. Where can the students apply for NSP scholarship renewal?
Ans: The students applying for renewal also need to apply through NSP. Please refer to the application process given above to know more.
Ques 5. What should an applicant do if he/she forgets the application id or password?
Ans: In case the students forget their application id or password, they can click on “Forget Application ID” or “Forget Password” button on the login page to retrieve it.
Ques 6. Can a student track the status of his/her NSP scholarship application form?
Ans: Yes, the students can track their application status through ‘Check your status’ tab.
Ques 7. Can a student edit the form after final submission?
Ans: No, once the applicant submits the application form, no changes in information will be entertained. Thus, the students are required to properly check the application form before submitting.
Ques 8. If selected, how is the scholarship amount disbursed to the students?
Ans: The scholarship amount is disbursed to students through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) in the accounts of the beneficiaries.
Ques 9. What is the amount of scholarship that a student can receive through NSP?
Ans: The amount of scholarship that you will receive may vary from scholarship to scholarship. Please refer to respective scholarship guidelines to know details about the award.