UGC NET Application Form 2020 | National Testing Agency is going to announce UGC NET Application Form 2020 soon within months. UGC NET Online Form 2020 will release in online mode only. If you wish to apply for the examination, check your eligibility criteria before you finally apply for UGC NET 2020. We advise the candidates to go through the official notification before proceeding to apply. Read the article for all necessary step to Apply for UGC NET 2020 Application Form .
UGC NET Exam Dates 2020
University Grant Commission – National Eligibility Test is going to be conducted as mentioned with the UGC NET Exam Dates 2020. Make sure to follow the official website and be confirmed with event schedule of UGC NET. Exam Dates for UGC NET 2020 are not yet confirmed. NTA will release the official notification on its official website along with all the event schedule.
|July Session 2020||December Session 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Notification||In the month of February 2020||Last week of August 2020|
|Release of Online Application||1st week of March 2020||1st week of September 2020|
|Last date to fill online application||2nd week of April 2020||Last week of September 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of June 2020||3rd week of November 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam||1st or 2nd week of July 2020||2nd to 3rd week of December 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||4th week of July 2020||December 2020|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of August 2020||2nd week of January 2021|
|Declaration of Result||July 2020|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting the UGC NET application form, the aspirants should check eligibility criteria to ensure eligibility for the exam. Candidates can check the following information with regard to UGC NET 2020 eligibility criteria:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates having a Post-graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university can apply. PhD students can also apply. The candidates applying for UGC NET 2020 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- Minimum Marks: At least 55% marks aggregate should be there in the qualifying exam. However, there is relaxation for reserved category candidates and they should have minimum 50% marks only.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are in the final semester of the qualifying exam can also apply. The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Relaxation: Degree scholars are eligible to seek 5% relaxation in aggregate marks. However, they should have completed a PG degree before 19th September 1991. The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
- No upper age limit prescribed for Assistant Professor.
- The upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2020 for Junior Research Fellowship.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PwD/OBC-NCL/Women) can seek 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Those who are having research experience and LL.M. degree holder will also be eligible for 3 years relaxation.
Also Read:COMEDK Admit Card 2019
UGC NET Application Form 2020
UGC NET Application Form 2020 will release on the official website of the National Testing Agency. NTA only provides the online link to apply for the examination of UGC NET. If you are among those candidates who appear in the examination of the National Eligibility Test. UGC NET Online Form must be filled in after checking the Eligibility Criteria and being confirmed about it only. If any candidate is not eligible, they cannot apply for the examination. Check the Steps to apply for the examination.
How to Apply for UGC NET Online Form?
Online Form for UGC NET 2020 will be available for the candidates on the official website of NTA. Throughout the month of February 2020, you can visit the official website and apply for the UGC NET Application Form 2020. Fill in your application forms only after you have made sure that you are eligible for UGC NET 2020. Follow these steps to apply.
Part I- Register yourself
- Provide your name, father’s name and mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number and email address
Part II- Fill up the application form
- Choose your category. Candidates who do not fall under OBC-NCL category they must choose their category as General.
- Provide your mailing and permanent address with pin code
- Give four choices of exam centre cities.
- Select NET subject
- Choose the subject at postgraduate level
- Select the postgraduation course
Part III- Upload Scanned images
- Photograph in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 10 kb to 200 kb
- Signature in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Part IV- Make Payment
Make a payment of application fee using Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking, e-challan and keep proof of payment. The application fee for UGC NET 2020 for different categories will be as follows:
- General Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer) Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC, ST, PWD, Transgender Candidates: Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment
The candidates can be application fee in both online and offline mode
- Online mode: In this mode, the candidates have to submit the application fee via online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or Net Banking.
- Offline Mode: In offline mode, the applicants have to take a printout of e-challan and submit the fees by cash at any branch of the syndicate, Canara or ICICI Bank.
Part V: Printout
Take a printout of the confirmation page.
Details to be filled in UGC NET Online Form 2020
Following details are to be filled on the application form.
- Board or University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, and Date of Birth
- ID proof- Bank A/c Number/ Ration Card/ Passport Number/ Other Govt ID
- Aadhaar card
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or marks sheet of the last semester
- Mailing and permanent address with pin code
- Four choices of exam centre cities
- NET subject code
- Subject code at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation course
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Your own mobile number and email address
- Scanned copy of images in JPG/JPEG format- Photograph (10 kb to 200 kb) and Signature(4 kb to 30 kb)
To Read More: West Bengal JEE 2019 Admit Card
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
If you are applying for the examination of UGC NET 2020, you must possess the UGC NET 2020 Admit Card. In the absence of the hall ticket, no candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination hall. The UGC NET Admit Card 2020 is an authority letter that proves the eligibility of a candidate to appear in the examination. The candidate fills in the personal details on the application form. All these details along with the examination details are mentioned on the UGC NET Admit Card. The candidates must see to it that all the details are correctly spelt and mentioned on the admit card. The admit card will be published on the official website. To download the admit card, the candidate must log onto the official website with their login credentials. While coming to the exam hall, it is mandatory that you bring the hall ticket. In the absence of the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam hall.